LAAPFF 2013 is coming to Los Angeles on May 2- 12, 2013!
The 2013 documentary competition line-up includes:
- A RIVER CHANGES COURSE – Kalyanee Mam (Cambodia/United States)
- HARANA – Benito Bautista (Philippines/United States)
- JAKE SHIMAUKURO: LIFE ON FOUR STRINGS – Tadashi Nakamura (United States)
- LINSANITY – Evan Jackson Leong (United States)
- RASKAL LOVE – Byron Q (United States)
- STATELESS – Duc Nguyen (United States)
- TO WEAVE A NAME (E Haku Inoa) – Christen Marquez (United States)
- TONGUES OF HEAVEN – Anita Chang (United States / Taiwan)
- WHEN I WALK – Jason DaSilva (United States/Canada)
- XMAS WITHOUT CHINA – Alicia Dwyer (United States)
The 2013 narrative competition line-up includes:
- ABIGAIL HARM – Lee Isaac Chung (United States)
- BEST FRIENDS FOREVER – Brea Grant (United States)
- CHINK – Stanley Yung (United States)
- THE HAUMANA – Keo Woolford (United States)
- THE PLAYBACK SINGER – Suju Vijayan (United States)
- SAKE-BOMB – Junya Sakino (United States)
- SOMEONE I USED TO KNOW – Nadine Truong (United States)
The 2013 international showcase line-up includes:
- COMRADE KIM GOES FLYING – Kim Gwang-hun, Nicholas Bonner, Anja Daelemans (North Korea/Belgium/United Kingdom)
- DREAMS FOR SALE (Yume Uru Futari) – Miwa Nishikawa (Japan)
- FALLEN CITY – Zaho Qi (People’s Republic of China)
- JISEUL – O Muel (South Korea)
- KEY OF LIFE (Kagi Dorobo no Mesotdo) – Uchida Kenji (Japan)
- THE SOUND OF CRICKETS AT NIGHT (Ainikien Jidjid ilo Boñ) – Jack Niedenthal, Suzanne Chutaro (Marshall Islands)
- TOKYO BOY – Sato Yoshinori (Japan)
- TOUCH OF THE LIGHT – Chang Jung-Chi (Taiwan, ROC)
- WHAT ISN’T THERE (Ang Nawawalang) – Marie Jamora (Philippines)
- WILL YOU STILL LOVE ME TOMORROW? – Arvin Chen (Taiwan, ROC)
The 2013 line-up of special presentations includes:
- DEAD DAD – Ken J. Adachi (United States)
- HAFU: THE MIXED RACE EXPERIENCE IN JAPAN – Lara Perez Takagi, Megumi Nishikura (Japan)
- NICE GIRLS CREW: SEASON 2 – Tanuj Chopra (United States)
- YELLOWFACE – Jeff Liu (United States)
- “Secret Screening Presentation” – (United States, South Korea)
Were you a Veronica Mars fan? Do you long to return to Neptune High? Well, you’re in for some great news. Rob Thomas.. no.. other Rob Thomas (creator of the show Veronica Mars) started a Kickstarter for fans crying out for a movie adaptation for years and REACHED their 2 million dollar goal in less than 24 hours. It has been almost 10 years since I became a fan of the show. And ‘Veronica Mars’ happens to be the first background job I’ve ever worked. You can even find me in the background in a few of the earlier episodes. I am a big fan, own the dvds, and would love to work on this project again.
I’ve been a huge fan of the comic, so it’s great to finally see Kick-Ass resurface after disappearing from my radar.
Check out the trailer here: http://www.mtv.com/videos/movie-trailers/887615/kick-ass-2.jhtml
This is a pretty epic cover for the March issue of Empire Magazine. Since it was announced, Zack Snyder has been walking a tightrope suspended over a mine-field. Fans have been scrutinizing his every move waiting to pounce on anything that looks suspicious. Not only is the fate of the world at stake but the future of Warner Bros/DC film universe. In my opinion, so far so good. I love this cover and the couple of trailers we have seen so far. June 14th can’t come soon enough. What do you think?
If you had any misgivings about the new Star Wars movies you can relax a bit. The internet is all buzzing with news that J.J. Abrams will direct the new Star Wars movies. Say what you like about him this is right up his alley and should be good. Just look for his Star Wars/Star Trek crossover in a few years.
Are you excited? I sure am!
If you’ve been to a Regal theatre in the past few weeks, you’ve probably seen their “Inside Look” on the upcoming Les Miserables. Here’s an extended look with a bit more insight on having the actors sing live on set as opposed to using a pre-recorded track.
What do you Babblers think? Will “live” performances improve the movie?
“Loyalty, Honor, a willing Heart. I can ask no more than that.”
“Home is now behind you- the world is ahead.”
In theaters December 14, 2012.
Hint: ‘Time is running out’
I’ve been reading about this film on a few sites for a few months and finally took the time to watch the trailer- It is absolutely breathtaking! I am completely intrigued and excited to see this film when it releases. Take a look below:
“An exploration of how the actions of individual lives impact one another in the past, present and future, as one soul is shaped from a killer into a hero, and an act of kindness ripples across centuries to inspire a revolution.” – IMDB.com