Okay Babblers, the time is nigh, the wait is over, the 11th hour is here. Months of strategizing, dreaming and planning have come to fruition. Hotels have been booked, flights reservations made and much money (and time on the internet) have been spent, and finally, Comic-Con 2011 here!
That being said, maybe you still haven’t formalized all of your plans. Still looking for a place to party Friday night? Here are a few random things I have heard about.
Also check out www.trickstertrickster.com and www.thenerdmachine.com Neither of these are affiliated with Comic Con International but the Nerd HQ (ie. The nerd machine) is being hosted by Zachery Levi of Chuck fame and has a Firefly panel as well.
If you are a South Park fan (and who isn’t?) then check out Comedy Central’s huge South Park 15th Anniversary celebration. Apparently, there is a 15,000 sq. ft. “World of South Park” located right outside the convention center. It will be there all four days. http://bit.ly/o6JFAU
Thursday Night –
Petco Park – Cirque Du Soleil will be doing a free show of Ka, their critically acclaimed 3-D, gravity defying show. Show starts at 9:00 P.M. so be there early. Yes, it is another line after a long day, but if you haven’t ever seen Cirque Du Soleil it is well worth it. Normally tickets would start at $100 a pop but guess what? For us Comic Con peeps, it’s free!
Friday Night –
– Nerd HQ – is doing a huge free party at Jolt’n Joe’s at 379 4th Ave down in the Gaslamp quarter, 10 P.M. – 4 A.M. Wouldn’t be surprised if a few celebs showed up as well. www.thenerdmachine.com
Saturday Night –
– Zombie Crawl! A huge zombie walk marks its 5th year at SDCC. With the popularity of Walking Dead it wouldn’t surprise me to see 200+ zombies. Starts at 5 PM. Meet at Horton Plaza at Broadway and 4th. There is also a pre-party at the House of Blues with costume contests, photo booths and much more. Here is there website. www.sdzombiewalk.com
– Cowboys and Aliens World Premiere! The ticket everybody wants is this one. Saturday night will hold a special screening complete with cast (Yes, Harrison Ford!) and director John Favrou. Text “Cowboys” to 834567 for more info.
On the same note, I heard that The Hopping Pig in the Gaslamp will be decorated in a Cowboys and Aliens theme all weekend. Could be cool…or could be cheesy. Only one way to find out.
– USA Network Tweetup – http://bit.ly/ojy5bW I just heard about this. If you are a fan of Psych, Monk, Burn Notice or whatever else is on USA, then you may want to RSVP to this event. It is at TGIF Fridays in the Gaslamp quarter.
– Nerd HQ – Another Tweetup for the Nerd HQ, also at Jolt ‘N Joes. Starts at 8 P.M. www.thenerdmachine.com
These are just some random things I have heard about or discovered on Twitter. If none of it sounds fun, just head to the Gaslamp, you are bound to find something. I also hear the Hardrock is always a party. Or if you want, most of the Hotels in the Downtown area have sweet bars, usually on the top floor!
Regardless, it will all be fun. If you know of anything else going on feel free to let us know! Hope to see you there!